German PROMIS National Center
The aim of the PROMIS initiative, founded in the USA in 2004, is to standardise measurement of health from the patient’s perspective. For this purpose, item banks were developed for a large number of relevant endpoints of physical, mental and social health, which allow an efficient survey tailored to the target group.
Our goal is to validate and implement the instruments developed in PROMIS in clinical practice and research in Germany. For example, we collect data in clinical and general population samples and implement computer-adaptive tests (CATs).
Together with the Clinical Study Center of the Berlin Institute of Health, we manage the German PROMIS National Center and are responsible for research and development. As representatives of PROMIS in Germany, we work closely with the international PROMIS working group, for example in the Standards Committee of the PROMIS Health Organization. Our research on PROMIS has been funded by the DFG and the Centre Virchow-Villerme.
- Data: PROMIS Profile 29 general population data published
- New publication: PPV and NPV for continous and ordinal tests
- Using Bayes theorem to estimate positive and negative predictive values for continuously and ordinally scaled diagnostic tests
- Webinar: Assessment of PROs using IRT
- Conference contribution: Monotonic polynomials to model flexible item response curves