German PROMIS National Center
The aim of the PROMIS initiative, founded in the USA in 2004, is to standardise measurement of health from the patient’s perspective. For this purpose, item banks were developed for a large number of relevant endpoints of physical, mental and social health, which allow an efficient survey tailored to the target group.
Our goal is to validate and implement the instruments developed in PROMIS in clinical practice and research in Germany. For example, we collect data in clinical and general population samples and implement computer-adaptive tests (CATs).
Together with the Clinical Study Center of the Berlin Institute of Health, we manage the German PROMIS National Center and are responsible for research and development. As representatives of PROMIS in Germany, we work closely with the international PROMIS working group, for example in the Standards Committee of the PROMIS Health Organization. Our research on PROMIS has been funded by the DFG and the Centre Virchow-Villerme.
- New publication: More flexible response functions for the PROMIS physical functioning item bank by application of a monotonic polynomial approach
- Data: PROMIS Profile 29 general population data published
- Common metrics score calculator
- PROMIS Physical Function, Upper Extremity and Pain Interference Reference Scores for the elderly (50+)
- PROMIS Profile 29 Reference Scores